mandag den 23. november 2015

Day Five

I did say I'd already started, so here's a quick overview of the last few days.

Day 1: Hunger quite sharp, but managable. One bout of dizziness. Might need to watch my water.

Day 2: Misjudged the density of my evening meals. Left me feeling quite bloated, and a little upset with myself.

Day 3: Went swimming. Had some strange popping and stabbing sensations inside my body, all kinds of places, from the lung area on my back to the front of my chest to low in my stomach. Might be a muscle thing or maybe a response to getting into the heated pool after my laps. It was just strange and uncomfortable. But it passed soon enough. And I also managed my first trip grocery shopping alone without buying junk. Victory!

Day 4: First really bad day. Hunger has eased off somewhat already, except for right after meals when my stomach is still expecting more to come, but in return I got the mental pressure. At every meal it feels like a physical effort to steer away from my old ideas of how much food I should eat, and the urge to eat junk was very strong. But I made it through.

Now on day 5, and I'm still going. I find myself deliberately steering towards denser foods, though, probably a mental reaction to the near constant hunger. My favorite breakfast food is very much not my favorite anymore, because it will leave me feeling incredibly hungry. Now I want meat all the time. Even for breakfast. Which is a little odd for me. I do love meat, but I've been used to something sweet in the mornings, so that's a change I didn't expect.

It could of course also be my body asking for proteins, but I can't tell for sure.

UPDATE:

I overdid it on dinner again. Mostly because I lost the battle of the conflicting emotions of habit. I misjudged portion size at first, ending up with more than I'm supposed to, but I ate it all anyway because I'm weak. I could also probably have split it up so there was another portion left over, but I failed on that, too. Oh well. Back on the horse tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar