mandag den 23. november 2015

First Post: Quick Summary

Here we go, weight is gonna be lost, and quality of life improved. At least that's the hope.

I have several other blogs around the web, and to avoid swamping them with diet-related posts, I've made this one to keep track of all the health-stuff.

Quick summary for what's going on.

My weight is now at almost 400 LBS, and life has become really uncomfortable. So something has to be done, and I've started looking into a gastric bypass. But even if that ends up becoming a reality, first order of business is to lose weight, and so here's my first major attempt at shaving off the pounds.

Seeing as I have various mental issues that I need to adjust around, I'm not going on a "diet" as such. No powders or exercise regimes or cleanses. I'll only do intake control, and I won't even be counting calories. I will try my best to stick to the healthier options of my usual diet, but other than that I won't be changing WHAT I eat, only how, and how much.

My yard stick is what my stomach would be able to hold after a gastric bypass. Not immediately after, because that's only going to be temporary, no matter how rigidly you stick to the roughly 2 ounces you can put in it to start with. It WILL expand, and since there's no telling its exact future size, I've chosen something easy to relate to. My hands.

Depending on the density of the food my meals should be no bigger than what can fit in the palm of my hand for denser foods (that won't change much from chewing) and no bigger than my clenched fist for airier foods. And I'll be eating six times a day, because that's gonna become my life either way if the surgery happens.

It should also hopefully mean less of a shock to my system, and easier hunger management.

Sadly, I have no idea what my start weight is, since my scales juuuust topped out at my last weight gain. But I'm hoping a week or two will bring me back to where it can measure, and if not, I'll be weighed at my doctor's office on Wednesday.

But with or without a number, I thought I might as well get started, so I'm four days in already, and I've already faced some challenges, so. Onwards!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar