lørdag den 28. november 2015

Day Ten

Yesterday was a challenge. Skype-called with friends who were eating or talking about food a lot of the time. They offered to stop talking about it, but I told them that I needed to learn how to handle it anyway, so.

And I did fine.

Woke up this morning to my period, and the one good news about this is that right now I can't tell the stomach pains from the cramps.

The urge for sweet things is pretty awful, though, and I fear I might be going slightly anemic. If I keep getting dizzy even after my period is over, I'll have to look into iron supplements.

Haven't been on the scales today, yet, but the period is definitely making me feel bloated and uncomfortable, so I'm prepared for the number being higher if I have water retention.

Also starting to wonder if I should put my weight in the title. Even though I'm not really going for weight loss as such, it's at least an easier way of keeping track of the progress. Things to ponder.

UPDATE: Might have fallen in slightly with one meal. But it was only a little bit too big, so I can forgive myself.

The scales again refused to weigh me, so I assume I have about a kilo of water retention, which isn't uncommon during periods, but still annoying.

Speaking of which, I've also pretty much stopped having water retention in my legs in the evenings. I'd assumed the water came from the stress of carrying my weight all day, but since I actually weigh more now than I did when it started happening, and it's as good as gone now, I suppose it must have been from my sugar and salt intake. Which was huge.

So even though the scales aren't cooperating, there's still progress.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Look at you go! Ten days of building new habits. :D That's so awesome. \o/

    I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional slip-up. It's part of learning your new habits.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yeah, and I do hope these things become habit one day. Right now it's still a battle. -waves banner-

      Slet