lørdag den 19. december 2015

Day 31.

Fuck. My mental state is kinda in the toilet right now, and using up all my energy on just doing the most basic things means that there's not much left over to concentrate on my eating habits or forcibly ignoring cravings.

But to stay focused on the positive side, I have still only once bought a snack item, and that was for sharing with my son. I have not bought junk for myself, even once, since starting this. And I'm also still listening to my stomach, so I've almost completely eliminated my tendency to over-eat. And that's a good start!

For comparison I can reveal that before this I'd gone into a horrible cycle of comfort-eating and over-eating, where most of my meals were either chocolate, potato chips or greasy breaded things. And I kept eating until I physically could not cram anything more into my gut. I ate out of boredom, I ate when I was sad, I ate when I was lonely, or anytime the tiniest tickle of hunger struck. It sounds ugly, because it was, and I hope I can avoid ending up there again, ever.

So. More positive things:

I hardly ever fart anymore, as compared to all the damn time.
My bowels are happier in general.
The oedemas are still happening, but to a lesser degree.
My psoriasis seems to be less severe, but it still fluctuates, so it's hard to say.
My eating habits are now diabetes friendly, so hopefully I can avoid or at least postpone that.

Bottom line: I'm doing okay. And once my brain is a little better, I can work harder at it again.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Even when feeling otherwise dreadful, you're still somewhat sticking to the new habits, because they're becoming habits. And it's only been a month! That's an AWESOME achievement, and I'm so proud of you. :D \o/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much. :) It means a lot to get a little bit of backup. :)

      Slet