tirsdag den 29. december 2015

Day 40: The First Snack Purchase.

Fell thoroughly off the wagon today, despite ages of wavering. It's definitely a mental thing, though, nothing remotely physical about it, several days of low-key stress concluding with the inevitable sadness of saying goodbye to my son again yesterday. The slip was bound to happen at some point, and I'm not surprised it's now.

My stomach hurts, though, quite badly, after a bag and a half of potato chips, and while my mood did improve slightly from the comfort eating, the physical discomfort is quite a lot more disturbing than I remember it being before.

So that's good news. And lasting 40 days before buying snacks at all? I am still patting myself on the back. And apologizing to my stomach for putting it through this. :(

I'll try and see if I can't go swimming tomorrow to try and make up for it a little.

2 kommentarer:

  1. After Husband (vegetarian) and I moved in together, first time I had to fend for myself for dinner, I went "YAY MEAT!" and warned him that I would have scurvy by the time he got back. Turns out your body gets used to a new diet surprisingly quickly and while the meat was good, I went a bit nuts and that much of it just made me feel a bit... not quite sick, but also definitely not well. It must be the same sort of thing you're experiencing now. I do still have meat when I'm home alone for dinner sometimes, but not nearly in the same amounts.

    Well done on 40 days. No need to worry too much about having succumbed to temptation, though. As you said, you had extra-stressful circumstances. :) Hope your tummy feels better soon, though.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yeah, I'm not beating myself up about it or anything. :) Thanks for the support!

      Slet